Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Term Research Project

My presentation was about New Media and how it affects children. The reason why I chose this topic was I taught in an elementary school for many years and I had a passion for teaching children. It is important to be familiar with the kinds of social environment children are in and how they react to them. Over the years, children adapt to new technology and new media more rapidly then adults. They learn to educate themselves through the Internet and different electronic literacy. Most children found dependency on video games, computer games, Internet, television, and other electronic devices. What happen to the days where children go to parks, play board games, and read books? Some children expose themselves to new media excessively and many parents try to limit the time their children spend among new media. As a parent in the future, I would try to help my children maintain a balance exposure toward old and new media. As for my performance that day, I was extremely nervous. =) Hopefully I got at least part of the information through.

No comments: